The Law Office of Janis E. Eggleston provides legal services to city, county, school district, and University employees who have employment disputes with their employers.
We provide the following services to public sector employees:
- Representation at due process hearings when faced with discipline or termination;
- Address issues not otherwise covered by the union contract;
- Protect employee privacy;
- Prevent invasive search and seizures;
- Create reasonable accommodations for disabled employees;
- Facilitate the use of Family Medical Leave;
- Prepare internal administrative complaints and complaints with the DFEH or EEOC for harassment, discrimination, retaliation and whistle-blowing issues; and
- Preserve electronic stored information and communications, including those related to e-mail hacking of privileged communications with union representatives.
Some of the public sector employees that we have represented in the Bay Area have been employed by:
- Fire Districts;
- Water Districts;
- School Districts;
- Trial Courts;
- Cities and Counties; and
- the University of California.